Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Champagne Bottle Cake

I will be having a party with some friends at home and we will be toasting to some good news. I took this chance to make sure that I have the appropriately themed dessert. I will be serving wine and drinks together with the Champagne Bottle Cake I just created.

The Champagne Bottle Cake was made by stacking 3 fruit cakes together vertically. The cakes were secured using some skewer sticks before carving them into a round shape with a knife. To achieve a genuine champagne bottle shape, the fruit cakes were further molded by hand. To ensure that the cakes stay put, buttercream icing was used to stick each layer together. After coating the cake with several layers of dark tinted buttercream icing, it is then placed inside the fridge to cool.

To make the top portion of the Champagne bottle cake, an ice cream cone was coated with melted chocolate. Once cool, the cone’s tip was cut off and place upside down on top of the cake. Two large marshmallows are then placed on top of the cone and covered with frosting. The wine bottle label on the cake was made with fondant and some food coloring. The design and text could be customized according to the occasion that will be celebrated.

I wanted to surprise my friends even more so I placed some sherbet and bi-carb soda inside the ice cream cone prior to putting it on top of the cake. Upon serving, I will remove the marshmallow bottle top and pour some lemonade into the cone with the sherbet and bi-carb soda to achieve a realistic fizzing effect.

View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment